Lumineers are a revolutionary advancement in dental technology, and have been improving smiles for over 20 years.
Lumineers have unique strength and can be fabricated to the thinness of a contact lens (0.2-0.3 mm). Unlike traditional veneers, lumineers require little to no preparation (shaving down) of the existing tooth structure.
Made from material called Cerinate, lumineers can be placed in a quick and painless manner- usually without the need for anaesthetic. Traditional veneers can involve a much more involved process that can stretch over a period of months- usually requiring temporary veneers, whilst lumineers can be placed over two quick dental appointments (around an hour each).
Our dedicated team of Dentists are passionate about lumineer technology, and highly recommend this treatment to suitable candidates looking to refresh their smile and self-confidence.
The Benefits of Lumineers Treatment…
This unique cosmetic dental procedure presents a wide range of advantages over traditional veneer technology. These include:
- Requires little to no drilling or tooth grinding to prepare teeth for bonding.
- Dental anaesthetic may not be needed.
- Placement is quick and painless.
- They are even reversible!
- Highly translucent, so they replicate the natural appearance of enamel.
- As thin as a contact lens (usually 0.2 to 0.3 mm).
- Improves discoloured, stained, chipped or misaligned teeth.
Strong and Durable
- Clinically proven to last a minimum of 20 years.
- Bonded entirely to tooth enamel- creating an incredibly strong bond.
- Drink and eat whatever you want!
- Unlike porcelain veneers, lumineers do not reduce the chewing ability of front teeth.
It only takes two quick visits to our dental clinic to transform your smile with lumineers.
- During your first visit, a precision mould will be taken and you will choose the right shade for your new permanently white smile. Your mould is then sent away for your custom lumineers to be created.
- When we have received your new lumineers (usually within five weeks), you will then return for a second appointment for them to be painlessly attached- this only takes about an hour. You are then ready to show off your brand new smile!